If you’re in the market for a new sight, we’ve set up this guide to help you pick out the best budget reflex sight for your rifle. You should be able to rely on your sight to acquire targets and land an accurate shot quickly. And so, today, we’re going to take a deep dive into what reflex sights are and the best way to set them up before your next hunting trip to make shooting a breeze.
Reflex sights offer a few distinct advantages over other sights – faster target acquisition, wider field of view, and unlimited eye relief. With these in mind, you should choose a sight that helps you hunt better during all weather conditions. To simplify your choosing process, we’ve put together a list of the best budget reflex sights on the market. Once you’re through our list, be sure to check out our guides on using the reflex sight effectively. After everything’s said and done, you should know how a reflex sight differs from a standard red dot sight and pick out the perfect budget reflex sight for your rifle.
Our Top Picks
Feyachi Reflex Sight
- Reticle allows for 4 different styles
- A 33mm lens provides quick target acquisition
- Very sturdy and secure rail mounting system
Sightmark Reflex Sight
- Cast magnesium alloy housing with protective shield
- IP68 Waterproof rating – submersible to 40ft
- Low power consumption
- Our Top Picks
- What Are Reflex Sights?
- How Does a Reflex Sight Work?
- Top 10 Best Budget Reflex Sight Reviews 2021 Updated
- 1. Steiner Micro Reflex Battle Sight (MRS)
- 2. Sightmark SM26005 Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight
- 3. Predator V2 Reflex Sight
- 4. DD Dagger Defense Reflex Sight
- 5. Ozark Armament Reflex Sight
- 6. Field Sport Red and Green Reflex Sight
- 7. Feyachi Reflex Sight
- 8. Survival Land Z-12 Advanced Targeting Reflex Sight
- 9. Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight
- 10. Ohuhu Red Green Reflex Sight
- How to Use a Reflex Sight?
- How to Sight in a Reflex Sight?
- How to Mount a Reflex Sight on a Pistol?
- How Much Should I Spend on a Reflex Sight?
- What are the Differences between a Red Dot Sight and a Reflex Sight?
What Are Reflex Sights?
A reflex sight is a part of the red dot sight family. Instead of a single lens, like a standard red dot sight, a reflex sight uses two lenses for better clarity and target acquisition. Furthermore, the term ‘red dot sight’ is simply convention – most sights offer fancier reticles that go above and beyond a standard red dot.
The differences between a reflex sight and a red dot sight are quite hard to distinguish. However, once you understand the working principle behind each sight, you will be able to tell the difference straight away once you take notice of the clarity of the reticle and red dot.
The primary difference between the two sight types is how the reflex sight produces the red dot on the sight reticle. The projection hits the objective lens in a reflex sight and reflects onto your eyes through another lens – hence the namesake, reflex sights. On the other hand,
You’ll find two types of reflex sights in the market –
- An exposed reflex sight uses a single lens to reflect light from an LED back to the shooter’s eye. The design has almost no eye relief (as the sight remains exposed) and will help you quickly acquire your target when aiming down sights.
- A tube reflex sight uses two lenses to create the reticle’s red dot. Here, light projects onto the rear lens, reflecting back to the shooter’s eye through the frontal lens. With this type of sight on your gun, you can e quickly acquire targets and fire an accurate shot. However, the acquisition is not as fast as you would get from a standard exposed reflex sight or red dot sight.
Overall, reflex sights are cheaper and faster than most other sights available in the market.
How Does a Reflex Sight Work?
Your standard reflex sight has two lenses – the objective lens and the reflective lens. Here, light shines onto the objective lens and then reflects back to the shooter’s eye through the reflective lens. This way, no matter how you look at the sight, the LEDs’ reflection will always be parallel to the sight’s optical axis. This double lens design makes for an easy to use sight.
The objective lens has a special reflective coating layer that prevents red light from leaving the sight and ensures that it reflects onto your eye through the frontal lens. Therefore, the dot the sight produces never projects onto the target you want to shoot and is only visible to you as the shooter.
Here’s our list of affordable reflex sights –
- Steiner Micro Reflex Battle Sight (MRS)
- Sightmark SM26005 Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight
- Predator V2 Reflex Sight
- DD Dagger Defense Reflex Sight
- Ozark Armament Reflex Sight
- Field Sport Red and Green Reflex Sight
- Feyachi Reflex Sight
- Survival Land Z-12 Advanced Targeting Reflex Sight
- Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight
- Ohuhu Red Green Reflex Sight
Top 10 Best Budget Reflex Sight Reviews 2021 Updated
1. Steiner Micro Reflex Battle Sight (MRS)
The Steiner Micro Reflex Battle Sight is smaller and more compact than most other reflex sights. It makes no compromises in terms of durability and ruggedness. Moreover, it’s completely sealed and weatherproof, and so you can use it in any weather condition, at any time. Therefore, the Steiner Micro Reflex Battle Sight is ready for action regardless of the area’s weather conditions.
As it’s small and light, you can use it in conjunction with any other sight or rifle you have. Moreover, you can place it on your handgun to add better target acquisition and accuracy to your shots.
The unlimited eye relief on sight makes it easy to use for all hunters, including those who require prescription glasses. Additionally, targeting is a joy when you don’t have to worry about aiming down your sights at a certain angle or worry about how far your head is from the primary lens. Therefore, using the sight is easier and incredibly comfortable.
Mounting and installing the Steiner Micro Reflex Battle Sight is easy as well. You can use the almost and mounting system in tandem with the built-in Picatinny rails for an easy installation.
Regardless of snow or rain, you can rely on your Steiner Micro Reflex Battle Sight to help you acquire targets quickly and shoot them down accurately.
- It comes with unlimited eye relief for high precision and accuracy
- Has automatic brightness controls with manual overrides
- Lightweight and durable
- 3 MOA adjustments
- Suitable for use in all weather conditions – including damp or wet weather.
2. Sightmark SM26005 Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight
The Sightmark SM26005 Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight is an incredible sight to use throughout your hunting trip. It comes with six different brightness settings for you to adjust according to the time of day. On top of that, the Sightmark with six more brightness adjustments for night mode. Therefore, you can shoot in almost any environment, at any time of the day, with the Sightmark SM26005 Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight. Finally, the sight remembers the previous brightness setting you used before shutting the sight down.
The sight comes with a shield that protects it from all impacts and abrasions. Therefore, you can count on it to withstand all abuse throughout your hunting trip, and it will come out unscathed. The Sightmark SM26005 Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight is entirely waterproof and boasts an IP68 rating to add to the sight’s ruggedness. So, come rain or shine, you can rely on these sights to get you through your hunt.
The Sightmark SM26005 Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight offers premium features at a budget price point.
- It comes with magnesium allow housing to protect the internals
- It’s waterproof and rates IP68
- Has digital switch controls for ease of use
- Allows brightness adjustments and has a night vision mode
- Features a crisp and clear reticle
3. Predator V2 Reflex Sight
The Predator V2 Reflex Sight is an excellent example of a sturdy sight with all measured needed to keep it functioning in unfavorable weather conditions. The sight consists of a high-quality aluminum alloy. Additionally, the sight is waterproof and fog proof as well. And so, you can rely on the Predator V2 Reflex Sight to get you through any weather predicament or environment without worrying about damaging your sight.
The sight comes with four distinct reticle settings along with two color adjustments. And so, you can adjust the sight to your needs and shoot accordingly.
The Predator V2 Reflex Sight comes with a lifetime warranty as well, from veteran-owned company Tacticon. And so, if you’re not happy with the sight’s performance, you can return it for a full refund. In addition to the sight itself, you will get an extra pair of batteries and a lens cleaner right out of the box. Moreover, you also get a 45-degree offset mount for your rifle, thereby allowing you to co-witness the Predator V2 Reflex Sight with your standard iron sights.
Finally, mounting, installing, and adjusting the sight is quick and easy. And so, you can quickly obtain zero and head out for a hunt.
- Manufactured by a veteran-owned company
- Sturdy and reliable
- It comes with four adjustable reticle settings and two-color settings
- Set includes an offset mount
- Rugged, waterproof design and fog proof
- Lifetime warranty
- It comes with extra batteries in the box
4. DD Dagger Defense Reflex Sight
The Dagger Defense reflex sight is an excellent durable sight perfect for all your hunting needs. The material is entirely made from aircraft-grade aluminum. Moreover, the sight features an ergonomic design for more space on your rails.
You can use the included locking screw set to adjust your sights to your requirements for additional adjustments. Remember to turn it once or twice in the clockwise direction only. There’s also an included wrench you can use to adjust your sights or windage elevation to adjust your sight correctly to your hunting needs. Finally, there’s a knob on the side of the sight that you can use to change the reticle’s color and adjust your sight’s brightness. The knob allows for rotatory adjustments, and so you can finely control the brightness of your sight. Once you’ve adjusted the sight to your liking and zeroed it incorrectly, you can lock it in place to avoid losing zero. Remember, don’t turn the screw to tighten it; only turn it clockwise once or twice to lock it in place.
Overall, the Dagger Defense Reflex Sight is an excellent addition to your hunting arsenal and will be a worthy companion to your rifle when you’re out on long hunts.
- Up to 4 reticles with two red dot colors
- It comes with a locking set screw to adjust sights
- Includes lens cleaning cloth, an Allen wrench, and batteries out of the box
- Easily co-witness with backup iron sights
5. Ozark Armament Reflex Sight
The Ozark Armament Reflex Sight is a favorite among many hunters and given its track record in reliability. It’s no surprise that we’ve included the Ozark Armament Reflex Sight on our list of budget reflex sights. It has all the latest innovations in insight technology that you can expect out of a budget reflex sight.
The Ozark Armament Reflex Sight is compact and lightweight, making it easy to carry around and shoot with when out on a hunt. Moreover, it’s made from rugged materials and is robust. For installation, you can mount it onto any standard Picatinny rail, and it will co-witness with your backup iron sights without any issues or additional adjustments.
The Ozark Armament Reflex Sight features a wide field of view as well and hosts many reticle options. Although you might run into trouble during the initial zeroing process, you’re good to go for a few hunting trips before you need to recalibrate the sight once more.
Overall, the sight offers premium features at a budget price-point. Additionally, it’s rugged and will be able to handle hard bumps and scratches. If you need a budget reflex sight, opt for the Ozark Armament Reflex Sight.
- This sight features five adjustable brightness settings
- You can select up to 4 reticles
- Completely adjustable and compatible to co-witness with your backup iron sights
- Sealed tight and nitrogen purged – for waterproof and fog proof sights
- You can easily mount it on to any standard Picatinny trail
6. Field Sport Red and Green Reflex Sight
Up next is the Field Sport Red and Green Reflex Sight. This sight is your go-to option if you’re a beginner hunter who’s looking to test the waters with a new reflex sight. That is, if you want to try to check out the buzz around reflex sights without burning a hole through your wallet, the Field Sport Red and Green Reflex Sight is a perfect choice.
The sight comes with four reticles, and you can change the colors between red and green. Furthermore, to adjust the sight to your hunting requirements, you can use the Allen screw head to make windage and elevation changes.
The sight is relatively easy to mount onto your rifle because it comes with a built-in Picatinny base. Finally, the sight’s construction is impeccable as it uses aircraft-grade aluminum throughout its body and is entirely shock, water, and fog proof.
Pick up the Field Sport Red and Green Reflex Sight and head to your favorite hunting grounds.
- Perfect for quick target acquisition and rapid-fire
- Lightweight construction
- Waterproof and shockproof design
- Four reticle patterns
- Unlimited eye relief
- Corrected parallax
- Allen screw for windage and elevation adjustments
- Built-in Picatinny rail for easier mounting
7. Feyachi Reflex Sight
Feyachi is an industry-standard when it comes to high-quality budget reflex sights. Their offerings include industry-leading gun sights, and their reflex sight is no exception. It features a 33mm lens for quick target acquisition along with a large field of view that allows you to get positional awareness around your target. This wider field of view, in turn, makes it easier for you to stalk your prey and land a good shot.
The sight also features adjustable reticles in green or red. Therefore, you can choose whatever style fits you and have a good time shoot targets down sight.
Zeroing in is easy if you follow the steps in the sight’s instruction manual. After a few test rounds across different distances, your sight is ready to take on your favorite hunting trail.
Feyachi makes sure to take care of their customers, and so they’ve included a rubber lens cap, cleaning cloth, battery, and wrenches for adjusting the sight right in the box. With the Feyachi, you can start your next hunting trip quickly with a reliable and durable sight on your rifle.
- It supports four different reticle styles
- With the 33mm lens, you get a wide field of view and quick target acquisition
- The rail mounting system is very sturdy
- Correct for parallax
- Unlimited eye-relief
- Exceptionally light construction and design
- Waterproof and shockproof
8. Survival Land Z-12 Advanced Targeting Reflex Sight
The Z-12 is an excellent sight for amateur hunters. It’s easy to install and comes with all the configurations you need to customize the sight to your liking. Switch reticles, pick a color, make windage and elevation adjustments, and you’re ready for your next hunt.
Mounting the sight onto your rifle is simple as well, and you can mount it onto any standard Picatinny rail system. Furthermore, the Z-12 is very durable as Survival Land uses high-quality aluminum allows in its construction.
Overall, it’s an excellent sight for beginners and experienced hunters alike.
- It’s comes with four adjustable reticle patterns – choose your favorite Element
- Supports both red and green reticle sights
9. Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight
The Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight is an excellent offering for hunters who are looking for a budget reflex sight. You can mount the sight on your favorite rifle or pistol, choose your preferred reticle and get going with your hunting trip.
Throughout your hunt, you’ll barely notice the sight on your rifle as it’s very light. Furthermore, you won’t have to worry about hard bumps, as the sight is resilient and exceptionally built.
Target acquisition and firing are simple with the Browning Buckmark Reflex sight. Therefore, for beginner hunters and shooters, the Browning Buckmark Reflex Sight is the perfect budget reflex sight.
- Four different reticle patterns
- Mounts onto any standard Weaver-style base
- A durable aluminum housing
- Compatible with rifles or pistols
- Unlimited eye relief
- Wide field of view
- Seven levels of adjustable brightness
10. Ohuhu Red Green Reflex Sight
The Red Green Reflex Sight from Ohuhu is a top performer among budget reflex sights. It offers everything you can expect from your first reflex sight – ease of installation, configurability, and adaptability.
You can mount the Ohuhu onto any standard rail on a rifle or handgun. From there, zero in the sights and make elevation and windage adjustments accordingly. Furthermore, you can choose a reticle of your liking from the four different patterns on the sight. Finally, it comes with all the tools you need to make these adjustments out of the box, so you’re well set for your next hunting trip without troubling yourself with the installation.
The Ohuhu excels in performance as it provides unlimited eye relief and a wide field of view. Therefore, you can easily lock onto your target, scope it out and fire an accurate shot. Overall, an excellent budget reflex sight for sharpshooters.
When choosing the best sight for your rifle, make you take price, size, durability, reticle quality, image clarity, target acquisition speed, and field of view into consideration.
- Tubeless reflex sight with 33mm lens
- Wide field of view – perfect for rapid shots and scoping out your target
- Built-in mount ready for installation onto standard rail bases
- Included Allen wrench to make windage and elevation adjustments on the fly
- Shockproof and waterproof
- Powered by an included battery
- Compatible with handheld pistols and rifles
You can start using your reflex sight on your next hunt right after you go through the following set up steps –
- Mount your budget reflex sight onto your rifle or pistol
- Zero in your reflex sight to ensure you’re firing accurate shots on target
- If you have backup iron sights, make sure to align the sights properly to get the reflex sight to co-witness
From there, point and shoot at your target, and you’ll be able to land accurate shots. After a few hunting trips, you might have the recalibrate your reflex sight, but you’re ready for the next trip once you get that done.
How to Sight in a Reflex Sight?
First and foremost, aim down sights and ensure you’ve mounted your sight correctly. Make sure the dot on your reflex sight is sitting right on top of your iron sights. You can use the windage and elevation adjustment knobs on your sights to fix the sight if it’s misaligned.
Next, fire a few shots to check where your rifle is zeroing. Make sure to shoot from a distance of 20 yards and shoot up to 5 different groups. Finally, use the dials to adjust your sight and check your zero after firing. Once you get your rifle firing accurately on target, you should be ready for your hunt.
How to Mount a Reflex Sight on a Pistol?
There are three ways you can go about mounting your budget reflex sight onto your pistol. But first, you need to determine the type of pistol you have. In all cases, it’s easy to set your pistol up with your preferred reflex sight.
Purchase Factory Ready Pistols for Mounting a Reflex Sight
Reflex mount easily onto factory ready pistols with slots for reflex sights. Be sure to check your sight’s compatibility with your preferred pistol before trying to mount it, as you might end up damaging the rail. As a rule of thumb, if you have a standard Picatinny rail and your reflex sight mounts onto a standard Picatinny rail, you should be good to go.
Aftermarket Pistols to Mount A Reflex Sight
Aftermarket pistols have cut-ins for reflex sights in addition to the standard iron sights. Although these are more expensive than factory ready pistols, they have the advantage of co-witnessing with the iron sights on your pistol.
Get Rear Sight Mounts for your Pistol
If you don’t want to invest in an aftermarket slide, and your gun isn’t compatible with a reflex sight, you will have to opt-in for a rear iron sight replacement to fit the reflex sight. Here, you use a mount adapter to make room for the pistol to receive the reflex sight.
Once you’re ready to mount your sight onto your pistol, follow these steps –
- Place the mounting piece onto the backside of the rail or slide.
- While lining up the screws, place the mounting plate onto the slide.
- Grab a screwdriver and drive in the screws for the mounting plate and tighten the base.
- Next, slide on the sights and screw them in place.
And that’s all you have to do to mount your budget reflex sights onto your pistol or handgun.
How Much Should I Spend on a Reflex Sight?
How much you budget for your reflex sight depends on the features you care about the most, and so, carefully check the reviews for each sight to ensure the one you pick comes with everything you need. Here are all the features you should be on the lookout for –
Portability of the Reflex Sight
You’ll find reflex sights that are bulky and others that are small and portable. If you want the ease of movement during your hunts and don’t want to carry around a heavy sight, you should opt for a small and portable budget size.
Build Quality of the Reflex Sight
Build quality is paramount when choosing the right budget reflex sight. It’s always a pain to carry around a bulky sight. Therefore, when you buy the best budget reflex sight, it should be durable, light, and rugged.
Usability of the Reflex Sight
Feature-packed sights include lens adjust, height adjustments, colors, and reticle choices. Here, a lot of hunters don’t care about the minute adjustments on their sight. Therefore, you can just buy a simple sight to get the job done.
The Dot Produced by the Reflex Sight
One of the main aspects of the reflex sight is the dot itself. Therefore, when purchasing a budget reflex sight, ensure that the dot is clear and crisp. Avoid sights with fuzzy or blurry edges. And so, you should thoroughly check the sight you want to buy to determine if you’re getting a reliable red dot. A crisp and clear dot will allow you radically improve your aim.
When purchasing a sight, you will come across many attractive deals that experienced hunters can benefit from. However, they don’t apply to those who are looking for a simple budget reflex sight just to test the waters. Therefore, when you’re looking at budget reflex sights, make sure you know what you want in your sight and do not go overboard with features. Look to spend no more than $300 on the more expensive sights and no less than $90 on the cheaper sights. Depending on the features, you will find the perfect budget reflex sight for your favorite rifle.
What are the Differences between a Red Dot Sight and a Reflex Sight?
Although reflex sights are simply a variation of red dot sights, there are a few key differences between the two types –
The most significant advantage of reflex sights is that you get unlimited eye relief. Therefore, you can place your head anywhere and view the sight from any angle to get a clear image from your sight. If you’re a hunter who wears prescription glasses, reflex sights are the perfect choice for you.
Field of view is another crucial difference between a standard red dot sight and a reflex sight. Most reflex sights have a HUD. Therefore, they provide a wider field of view. As a result, reflex sights allow you to get a clear view of the target and everything surrounding it. And so, you get an advantage when shooting with your reflex sights as you can see what’s happening around your target.
A reflex sight will also produce a brighter reticle as opposed to a standard red dot sight.
That’s everything you need to know about reflex sights for your next hunting trip. Next, pick your favorite sight from our top budget reflex sights list and head out for your next hunt. Reflex sights are easy to use and make target acquisition quick. Additionally, the ones with larger lenses offer a wider field of view along with unlimited eye relief. Overall, if you’re looking for the next sight for your gun, consider getting yourself a budget reflex sight.